I’m a big fan of seafood, but when it comes to actually cooking it, myself, I always shy away. I’m always worried that I may undercook it, or that it will take too long to get to that “perfect” temperature and flakey texture.
Since we already had several chicken and ground turkey meals on the menu, we decided on the poached salmon. The original recipe, itself, makes 1 servings, so we multiplied everything by 4 (note… if you plan to do this, I recommend actually COOKING individual portions… it was a LOT for one pan!). We also modified it a bit to add our own little flair!
Salmon with Veggies (serves 4):
- 4 2/3 lb filets of salmon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 T EVOO
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 2 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 C water
- 1 T white wine (we used a pinot grigio)
- 3 T lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp ground dill or rosemary
- pre-season the salmon with salt and pepper
- Heat a large pan with oil and add veggies. Cook until lightly brown and tender (about 5-8 minutes). Remove from the pan and set aside (we kept ours in our microwave to stay warm!)
- Add water, wine, lemon juice and your dill or rosemary to the pan and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium.
- Add the salmon. Cover, and cook for about 10 minutes. You want the salmon to easily flake with the fork.
- Plate out your veggies, top with salmon and add some of the juice (if desired)… enjoy!
**This recipe was modified and adapted from a recipe available in the Body Beast food guide. For more information about how to get set up with Body Beast or any of the other programs, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on my facebook page by clicking here**